Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Holiday

Tomorrow is Chinese national day. This is similar to the U.S.A.'s July 4th, but the traditions are very different. Actually there aren't really many traditions with this holiday other than maybe family getting together for a meal. One nice thing about it is that schools are out for 5 days. I would say they're out for the week, but they often have to make up a few days of vacation on the weekends before and after. This seems very odd to us, but it's normal here and nobody thinks anything of it.

So, Brant took Eden out with him to run errands and go to his office. I guess it was sort of a daddy/daughter date day! She always loves going out with him like that, so she was glad to go. He had brought some crayons and a coloring book along, and they came in handy when they had to wait at some store for something for a while. They both sat and colored for a while there! Then they had lunch at KFC and Eden got to play in the very, VERY small play area there with some other kids. She sure enjoys that! They came home after that to drop something off, and then headed out to Brant's office for a while. Then it was home again for Eden's nap.

And me and Anita were glad to just stay home and have a quiet day at home. Well, most of it was quiet anyways. Anita wanted to cry for a while as I ate my lunch today. Maybe she was jealous of my chicken sandwich! We bought her a baby swing recently, but I think it might take some time for her to really start to liking it. Right now she only will tolerate it for about 5 minutes. How does one teach a baby to like things they're supposed to like?! I don't know, but I guess we'll figure it out eventually!

No comments: