Monday, November 9, 2009

Prenatal Appointment

I had my first prenatal appointment today for our new itty bitty baby. It went very well, and mom and baby are both doing fine. We were able to have an ultrasound done to determine the due date better, and the verdict was that the baby is due sometime around May 24th. So my guess was about a week off, and I'm now at around 12 weeks. But then again it could be that my guess was right on and their baby size calculations are off instead! We shall see. I sure am looking forward to meeting our new little one! I keep thinking we'll have a boy, but only God knows at this point. We have had a boy named picked out for 9 or 10 years! And we have a few girls' names that we're thinking about too. Brant was disappointed to see that there's only one baby in there.

We went to a clinic that is set up mainly for foreigners here in Shenyang, and boy was the difference noticeable and refreshing - so sanitary and clean!! We've done all our other prenatal checkups at normal Chinese hospitals before this, but since our insurance is good for us here in China, we decided to go with this other more expensive clinic. It's called Global Doctors, and there are branches of it all over the world. It also is nice that one of the main doctors and founders of this clinic is a good friend here in Shenyang. He's not the one who will do my prenatal checkups, but I really liked the woman who I did have as my doctor today and will in the future.

So, that's the scoop! We're all doing well and time is flying! We'll be flying out two weeks from today on our vacation down to Haikou for Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to that very much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news! How about May 13 for the birth date? Have a great vacation in Haikou ☺ Love, Mom