Friday, February 6, 2009

Copycat

Eden can be such a copycat sometimes. I've told Eden a story a few times now; it's about the circumstances that happened before she was born. We went through about 5 years of infertility, and so in order to convey to Eden how much she was and is desired, I tell her about that time. My story to her goes something like: "You know, for some years we couldn't have a baby, and we didn't know why we couldn't. And we prayed and asked God to give us a child, and sometimes I would cry because I was sad because I didn't have a child to love.....and then God gave us you to be our own special baby girl, and we're so thankful and so glad that God gave you to us in just the right time!" I guess this little story has made an impression on our little girl, because she has been telling me a similar story.... about her teddy bear Heidi! She tells me about how she wanted a Heidi teddy bear for so long. Sometimes she tells me a time increment of how long she waited, like the other day when she told me she waited a whole 40 minutes! And she tells me how long and how much she wanted a teddy bear (although she already had a few!), but she didn't have a Heidi bear, but then God gave her a Heidi bear to be her special bear! I guess she's listening to her mommy tell her rambling stories. I hope that trend will continue!

4 comments:

Pretty In Purses said...

That's precious!

Angel~a said...

How cute! Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery.

Stephanie said...

It is so cute when they start telling stories. I love listening to them.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but she sounds worth the wait. How cute!