Wednesday, February 25, 2009

B & E's Ski Activity!


What an exciting day! Sometimes when I chat with people and am talking about Brant or Eden, I'll abbreviate their names by calling them B and E. Today B and E went on a skiing activity! Eden didn't actually ski. She just played and slid down the hill some. They went with a group of other foreigners of all different ages, and one of the other children was our friends' son - 3-year old Isaac. Eden and he played together most of the afternoon and evening, and it sounds like Eden had loads of fun out there. Our friends had brought a metal basin for the little ones to "sled" in, so the bottom picture is of Eden and Isaac squeezed in the basin, and the woman with the kids is a college-aged girl who recently arrived in China. The video is of the three of them running down the hill. I wish I could have been there to get in on all the fun, but then again, Nita and I had a nice quiet afternoon and evening at home....that is, when she wasn't crying! She didn't nap very well this afternoon, so she was a bit cranky tonight, but we still had a nice evening at home.

Speaking of Nita, I felt her gums tonight and found that one of her bottom teeth has poked through! This is the first tooth to show itself so far. This explains why she's been a bit fussy lately. I checked her gums about two days ago and thought maybe I felt just barely a bump there, and I was surprised today to feel that a tooth had actually poked through. I guess they sort of sneak up on a person.

No comments: