Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh Joy - It's that time again.

Today has been a plain old rainy normal day. I like days like this! Eden played with her animals and toys for a while this morning. She seemed in such a chipper mood that I decided I'd try something she dreads. I thought maybe her mood would help things go better than usual. She hates getting her toenails cut! I usually put it off too long because it's such a traumatic ordeal for her. For some reason she thinks it's going to hurt, and she cries and wriggles around and makes things very difficult. I must have hurt her one time in the past, and now she thinks it's always going to hurt her.

So, as soon as she realized what my plan was, she started in with her crying fit. After many tears, punishment, more tears and trauma, I finally got her toenails cut without hurting her! I decided that next time she needs them cut, daddy can give it a try. I was so upset afterwards that I just sent her to her room crying like everything. After we both were settled down better, we talked about toenails and how they grow and how everyone in the world must cut their toenails now and then. I suggested to her that daddy would try it next time, and she seemed to like that idea. (Hope Brant likes the idea too! ha!)

The rest of our day went well. Eden talked my ear off this afternoon before her nap as we colored. We're now into colored pencils. Actually I've always liked using colored pencils, and recently I bought myself a new set and gave my old set to Eden. She loves to compare colors as we color, and she often tries to use the same colors as I use on my paper.

Oh, she told me something funny today - We have this set of small Chinese books with pictures of different things inside with the words in English and Chinese. One of the books is full of different kinds of fish. Eden recently decided to become a fish fanatic! So, she had one of those books today, but it wasn't the fish one, and she was wanting the fish one. But she didn't know where it was, and she was showing me the pictures of all the different books on the back of the one book that she was looking at. She showed me the small picture of the fish book and told me what the title said "This is the fish book." Then she turned the book she was holding over and pointed to the title of that one and told me the title said "This is NOT the fish book."

She was being so cute and funny today, so I grabbed some pictures of her. I can't believe how old she is looking these days. It seems her toddler days are far behind her now. The time is a-flyin'!

1 comment:

Many Adventures of Derek and Sly said...

She is such a little lady. How time does fly. I feel like my little newborn baby isnt such a newborn anymore.
Eden is very pretty.