Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bunk Beds


We got bunk beds, but getting them fit for full use has been a long process! We ordered them to be made in February, but that was right before the long Chinese New Year holiday. So we didn't expect them for a while, which was fine since we didn't need them until May. The plan was to have them for when Missy visited, and also to make room for our new baby due in late May.

So, they finally were delivered and assembled I think in early May. We just had Eden sleep on the bottom bunk and Nita continue sleeping in the crib for the time being. Even though we had special ordered them, they came with only one railing on top, and it wasn't tall enough of a railing for mommy's peace of mind either. The thing is, these bunk beds are taaaallllll. The story of why they're so tall is complicated, so I'll skip that. Needless to say, I didn't want Eden sleeping up there until we got more/taller railings up there. But I had no qualms about putting Brant's sister Missy up there! :P So, Missy slept up there when she came to visit around the time that our Gianna was due. I'm glad to say she didn't fall off the top bunk!

When we came home from the hospital with our new bundle of joy, we put Eden on the floor to sleep and Nita on the bottom bunk. Shortly after Missy left, Brant went and ordered more and higher rails for the top bunk, but there was delay after delay with those rails! We were finally able to get them a few days ago, but we found that they didn't finish the boards AT ALL! They did offer them cheap though, so we were glad to just have them in our possession. Brant worked on sanding and smoothing them out nicely, and he was finally able to put them up today. Eden was pretty excited to sleep up there tonight! The height still worries me a bit, but she'll just have to learn to be very careful. I'm so glad they're finally done and that Eden no longer has to sleep on the floor.


Hello up there ere ere ere ere!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Hi, Eden, I see you sleeping in my bed! Ok, I'm just teasing you.:) Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed, and I am glad that you finally get to sleep in it yourself. Be careful!

Love,
Aunt Missy

Amy Snow said...

They are very tall! I love the yellow sheets though! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is high up there! The railing looks quite high too, almost looks like Eden could slither through the bottom of the railing and the top of the mattress! Could she?

Love,

Mom

Katie said...

No mom, I believe it's safe for her. :) I think the pictures make it look worse than it really is.