Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do you smell something?

The other day, Brant was holding Nita and told me that he thought she had filled her diaper. He was standing near me, so I took a sniff of Nita (the things moms do!) to see if I could smell the tell-tale signs. Eden was sitting nearby eating her breakfast and anxiously asked "can I smell? can I smell??" Brant replied with something like "it's not like scratch and sniff, Eden....people don't usually want to smell a baby's dirty diaper, especially when they're eating!" Eden then asked, "after I'm done eating I can smell it?"

5 comments:

Angel~a said...

That's funny! Someday she'll have more care in what she smells! HA! I always do the sniff test on my babies, but David does the dip-stick test! He thinks it's gross that I would smell a baby's bum. But tell me it's not gross to put your finger in there! Ewwww! (Yes, he's gotten burned by doing that more than once, but he still refuses to smell! Ha!)

Amy said...

How funny!

Stephanie said...

Too cute!

Katie said...

Yeah, definitely better to smell than to poke a finger in there! Ick!

Joan Uptain Watkins said...

What a beautiful blogpage! You inspire me.