Eden's birthday was this past Wednesday, so we had a celebration! I can't believe she's 4 years old!!! She started off her day going to her first day of Chinese preschool. For a long time, we had no plans to send her to any sort of Chinese school, but as time went on, we realized the value of it so that she could learn Chinese. So just recently we decided to send her for about 6 hours a week and see how it goes. Brant will take her in the mornings 3 days a week, and if he can't go get her, then I will go get her after 2 hours. She has gone two days so far, and she seems to really enjoy it. Brant asked her what they taught her, and she told him that she couldn't understand it because it was in Chinese! Hopefully she'll start catching on and being able to interact more as time goes on.
After that, she came home, and we had a liesurely rest of the morning and lunchtime. She was able to talk to her Soule grandparents for a bit, and that was nice! She's getting better about talking on the phone although we still have to remind her to talk loudly. Then I bundled me and the girls up to go out for a walk and buy a few things close to home. I had Nita on my back in a baby backpack-type thing. It was amusing to hear people as we walked towards and then by them. At first they'd exclaim about Eden and her foreign features, and then I'd hear a second bigger exclamation as we walked by them and they noticed that I had another blue-eyed baby on my back! We bought our purchases and then I let Eden ride a little motorized rocking "car" ride that's outside a small store near our home. That's always a treat for her.
She had her normal nap time, and then we had supper. I let her request her supper, and she requested sausages - she loves sausage! I heated up some sausage and fried some potatoes, and we topped off the meal with pickles - all things she likes. Then she spent some time talking to her Grandma Wiens and chatting with Aunt Missy online. Then we had her birthday party complete with gifts, cake and candles, and singing happy birthday. She was so excited! She wanted strawberry shortcake (just like the poky little puppy) for her cake, so that's what we had.
I was thinking of letting her sleep on the floor in our room as a special birthday activity, but I just didn't feel good about it since both Nita and I were feeling a bit under the weather that night with colds. It was a good thing I didn't have her sleep in our room though because Nita had sort of a rough night that night. Maybe we'll make up for it after we're all better.











1 comment:
What a great day for Eden! I can't believe she's already 4. Wow! I remember Shelly sending her children to a Romanian kindergarten, so that they could learn the language as well. What a good idea. I'm sure Eden will enjoy her timet here.
Post a Comment