All of these food posts make me think maybe I should start a food blog. Hope I'm not boring you with my food posts! If so, then please ignore. I want to keed adding things that we find especially tasty so that I can refer back to it later when making a meal plan. This dish was mighty tasty. Brant recently brought home a giant head of purple cabbage. We steamed some of it, and I was glad when that was gone. We still had a bunch left, so we shredded it in the food processor, and I made purple cole slaw from a recipe I found on www.recipezaar.com. (love that site!) I put cole slaw and some chicken deli meat into a burrito shell - yum! Even Eden surprised us by liking it. She usually has to get used to a new food before wanting much to do with it. She does seem to warm up to purple food a bit better though since it's her favorite color. :D
KFC Top Secret (purple!) Cole Slaw
Ingredients
8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
1/4 cup shredded carrot(1 medium carrot)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions
Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (food processor works great).
Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juices in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
Add the cabbage, carrots and a little onion and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs be fore serving.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I just made this for a potluck and received sooo many compliments. People were just raving over it! I think I have at least 4 requests for the recipe. Because it was such a big hit and I have some ingredients left over, I think I'll make it again for our ladies' gathering tomorrow night.
Post a Comment