Monday, November 10, 2008

A favorite Chinese dish

This past weekend, Brant went and got one of my favorite Chinese foods for our supper. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of many Chinese dishes, but this one's super good! Beijing Duck (also called Peking Duck) is a roast duck dish. The basic ingredients are thin wrappers called Chinese pancakes, roast duck, scallion, and hoisin sauce. Then it's just a matter of putting the ingredients onto the wrappers and wrapping it up like you would a burrito. It's tasty!

First the wrappers and scallion:


Then the roast duck and hoisin sauce:

Wrap and eat! This one has too much hoisin sauce on it for my taste, but it's still good!

Brant stopped and picked up another favorite of mine on his way home too - peanut brittle! Notice all the peanuts! I guess that's Chinese style because I never remembered Amerian style having so many peanuts. Yum!

No comments: