Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crumbs and Fiddlesticks!

I think that's what Nita would be saying this morning if she could talk. It seems like she might be a social butterfly because she seems to get upset when some of us go out and she has to stay home. When any of us are at the door looking like we're getting ready to go out, Nita tries to get over to the door (in her walker or scooting on the floor - she still doesn't crawl), and she looks so anxiously at those who are going out and gets a bit whiney about it all. This morning daddy and Eden were getting ready to go out, and Nita was worriedly watching them. She was so upset that they left her here at home with mommy, and she whined and cried about any and everything for the next hour or so until her morning nap time. Now she's down for her nap, but I have more bad news for her - the dreaded babysitter is coming right after her nap! It's just not Nita's day! We have a teenage friend who comes every other Thursday and watches the girls so that Brant and I can get out by ourselves for a while. The babysitter's name is Katelynn, and Eden LOVES her! Nita will probably love her someday too, but right now she's not so happy about the situation as it stands. The good thing about it is that Katelynn gives Nita her lunch, and that helps pass the time and divert fussyness. Then after a while, she goes down for her afternoon nap, and voila! - mommy and daddy are home again!

On to Eden - she said something funny yesterday, or atleast I thought it was funny. She was sorting through strawberries with daddy and pulling the stems off of them. I heard her say "poor lil' strawberry!" so sweet and gentle about some mushed little strawberry mixed in with all the rest.

And my last newsy item - my blog is now blocked in China! It has been that way for maybe a week, and I've been trying to find out more about it. But I haven't found much information other than that blogger/blogspot websites are now blocked in China, and this isn't the first time they have been blocked for a period of time. Apparently there's some sensitive date on the calendar coming up pretty soon and communications are being blocked more at this time. I am still able to post text right now, but I can't do much else with it until we find some other work-around. We're working on it. For a long time now, I've known that wordpress blogs are blocked in China, but I was always glad to know that blogs on blogger/blogspot are not blocked...until now. Youtube is also blocked at this time and has been for almost two months.

No comments: