Monday, May 18, 2009

Domestic Bliss

Waking up to the fact that my sweet hubby bought me something (actually somethings - 3 things!) special this morning

Calm, quiet Monday mornings after a busy and stressful weekend

An oh, so happy baby giving me delightful smiles and playing contentedly on the floor next to me as I work

Older daughter happily (and quietly!) coloring for hours since I printed yet more coloring pages

A beautiful Spring breeze coming in the window as I work

A comfy yet messy home from a good time with company and a good meal last night

Attacking a big mess in the kitchen and making things clean again

Knowing I won't have to make the house company ready until tomorrow night, so I can relax today after our busy weekend

Owning a piano, big fridge full of food, AND a bathtub! - 3 guilty pleasures in China

Knowing that most of the clean clothes are put away, so all is ready to start in on another big bunch of never-ending laundry

Knowing that our home has finally become a bit streamlined for easy cleanup after a big weekend - it still is work, but isn't so overwhelming as it used to be!

Remembering that we're starting "family night" on Mondays, and the fact that we borrowed a movie so we don't have to watch a rerun tonight

Smiling as I think about nap time coming up in about an hour - 2 hours of alone time!

Knowing that I still have so far to go, but yet feeling that God is bringing me out of a valley after 7-8 months

Learning new lessons from and after being in the valley

Having a new vision for what God wants of me and putting away guilt that has plagued me for a long time

New friends and sweet koinonia fellowship with them

Watching my 4 year old develop friendships with other sweet and silly little girls

The blessed fact that our girls are at different levels of improvement with their health

Copycat Eden taking care of her "baby" Heidi bear just as mommy takes care of Nita all day

Funny baby faces when trying new foods

Messy baby smiles during a meal

Little girls that want to be near mommy in spite of me!

PBJ's for lunch

Leftovers ready for supper :^)

......Yes, it is VERY good to be a stay-at-home mommy! (although I'll probably need to be reminded by about Wednesday!)