Brant was feeling under the weather this evening, so I was taking care of the girls by myself after being with them all day other than nap time. It's times like this that call for popping popcorn and putting on a movie, and I did just that. Eden and I have been watching Anne of Green Gables in segments when these times arise, so I put that one on and continued where we had left off last time. Eden is right at the point where she's starting to understand more, but she still doesn't understand a lot of what goes on in movies, but she asks me to explain. It can get tiring trying to answer questions and explain scenarios, and often I don't even try because she's just not at a level to understand certain parts. Another problem is that her hearing is still not up to snuff after her last round of ear infection, and so she misses a lot of what's said and asks me to clarify what she missed. So, Eden was asking me again about what Marilla's name is in the movie, and I told her more than once. I thought I spoke loud enough for her to hear, but a few minutes later she wanted clarification again. What I thought I heard her say at one point was confirmed a moment later when she once again was asking about where Gorilla was! Gorilla??! I burst out laughing and exclaimed loudly and clearly in her ear, "it's MArilla, MA-rilla, not GOrilla!" She had me laughing so hard, and then she very seriously asked, "does that start with a P?" which of course just made me laugh even harder! We both had a good laugh and tickle session after that one.
The reason she asked what letter it starts with is because we've been working at teaching her letters and how they sound. She will often ask me what certain words start with, and sometimes she can guess it on her own. Then I try to remember to quote what I remember way back from kindergarten, "B says buh, as in ball". Of course, I change the letter/sound to suit whatever word we're talking about at the moment. She's also learning to write some letters and can write her name if I tell her the order of the letters in her name. It's fun to have a preschooler learning these things, but I'm in no hurry for her to grow up too fast!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Parilla!!! Too cute. They do pick up things quickly at this age.
That is so funny Gorilla! Kids crack me up!
Post a Comment