Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homemade playdough!

I'm pretty sure that my mom made playdough for me when I was small. I especially remember the saltiness of it, so I must have licked my hands after or while I was playing with it! I've been wanting to get some playdough for Eden lately, and then I ran across a recipe for making it today. So I just decided to make some for her instead of buying some. I followed the instructions on THIS page. Making it was easy, but coloring it was a different story. I was hoping for vibrant cool colors, but we were fortunate to get the colors we got! I kept trying to make that dark green one better, but it just wasn't cooperating. Oh well! It's better than the gray it initially was.

Eden enjoyed playing with the playdough, and I look forward to many hours of (somewhat quiet!?) creative play time with it. She seems to have a bit of a flair for art, so it'll be interesting to see what she comes up with as she gets more used to the stuff. I'll have to post a few other things she has drawn lately. She has impressed me with her artsy style, and a few others have commented that she seems a bit artistic, which doesn't surprise me since there are a few others in our families! Most of what she made today was with alot of help from me.



1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow, you girls are very creative! What fun! I think your colors look great.