A week or two before we came back to China in September, Eden was given a gift certificate from a sweet friend at church to go build a bear at the famous
Build A Bear Store. I had seen this store many times before but never been in there. I figured it was way too expensive. Our only problem with taking Eden there was that it was crunch time for Brant getting ready for our trip, and I was recovering from a c-section and taking care of a newborn. I wish I could have gone with her this time, but I asked my mom if she would take Eden there to get her bear. So, she did, and they had a nice grand-daughter/grandma "date" together! I'm so glad Eden has that special memory with her grandma Soule! (And don't worry Grandma Wiens! She has special memories with you too especially from when she stayed with you when we were in the hospital.)
So, they went to the Build-a-bear place, and at first Eden wanted a pinkish kitty cat. Grandma steered her attention to a more normal-looking soft and cuddly brown bear, and that's the one that Eden chose. Then Eden helped put a little red heart in the bear, add stuffing to the bear, "wash" the bear with air, and dress the bear. Last of all, she named the bear Heidi and was then given a bear birth certificate with Heidi bear's name on it. Eden sure does love that bear! Anita was also given an already-built bear with a Minnesota Twins shirt on. I love Minnesota and love keepsakes from there too! Her bear is named Parker after our church - Parker's Lake Bap. Ch. Parker bear keeps Nita company in her crib every day, and I know they'll be good friends in the future!
4 comments:
I love Build-A-Bear! Samer and I built a little bear (I think it's the same one that Eden picked out) for Benjamin. I think every kid should have a teddy to love. :)
Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that you're my highlighted blog of the month! :)
Congratulations on being Rachel's hightlighted blog of the month! And well chosen, I see. The photos are awesome. I wish they had those when my kids were little -- two generations ago. At least my great-grands will have the pleasure of building one. Rachel is right -- every child needs the hugability of a teddy bear. I still have two!
The only problem is that I still love stuffed animals and so get attached to my daughter's animals! We just went Christmas shopping recently, and we (I) came away with two stuffed animals to add our collection. I want to go build my own build-a-bear for myself!
Post a Comment