Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Taking a break from waffle making~

My dear hubby gave me a 3-in-1 kitchen machine. It's a sandwich maker, grill, and waffle maker. Before yesterday, I had never made waffles in my life other than popping a frozen one in a toaster. So, I gave it a try yesterday. How does my first waffle look!?

Ok, so it was a mess! Brant had some experience with waffle making, so he took over after my disaster, and he made some decent looking ones. I have to say the recipe I used was really good although it didn't make many. It was more like a snack before supper.

So, tonight I gave it another try. And I decided to try a different recipe and double it at that. We had quite a good number of bland, odd-tasting waffles for supper tonight! Brant said they were good, so I guess you know who will be eating the leftovers tomorrow. I guess I should give it another try and use that first recipe, but I think I'll take a break from it for a while. The gift isn't in vain though - I love the grill feature!