Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We made ornaments this year. They're those aromatic ones that smell like cinnamon. I found the recipe for them on another blog and thought I'd give it a try. All you do it mix equal parts applesauce and cinnamon! I only used around 1/3 cup of each of them. Then you mix it together well and mush it out flat and use a cookie cutter to make shapes. I don't have any cookie cutters, so I just used a cup. Then you put them on wax paper to let them dry. The original recipe said to let them dry for around 24 hours, but ours took a few days. Then tonight we painted them. Eden and I did the green one together first, and then she and I each did a few, and Brant did one. They aren't the nicest looking things in the world, but they sure smell good! Now we just need to put the ribbons on them and hang them on the tree that will be taken down tomorrow or the next day. (Or hang them around the house - I read a comment on the other blog about someone who hung one near their stovetop, and the steam from cooking made the ornament really give off it's scent.) It was a fun little activity for us to do! I'm planning on making another kind of tree ornament tomorrow, so I'll post pictures of them too if they turn out ok.