I'm famous! Well, not really. My dad is the famous one, and I'm just along for the ride. My dad writes little items for the St. Paul newspaper to be printed in the Bulletin Board section. I believe his stories get printed up a few times a week. It's one of those send-in-little-stories sections where most people don't use their real name, and my dad is "IGHGrampa". I have also written in there once or twice under the name "Chinadoll's Mom", but that was a while back, and I haven't sent anything in for a long time. My dad has given me (homemade) books each year for the past oh...3 years or so with all the stories he has written - heirlooms for sure!
So, my dad *stole!* (ha, dad!) a story from here and sent it in, and it was published in the St. Paul Pioneer Press today. Actually he was published twice in one day because he had his own little item published today too. My little moment-in-time item is at the bottom. My famous dad's item is in the middle. I always enjoy hearing about things like this because I'm pretty sure Brant's aunt and uncle read that paper when they can, and I get a little thrill thinking about the surprise they'll get when reading the paper for the day. It makes Minnesota feel not quite so far away for a change.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment