Tuesday, December 9, 2008

le le le le

Eden has been learning new words left and right lately. I wish we had a video of her trying out "olive oil" the other day - it was priceless! Sometimes she has a hard time saying some consonants like "r" or "l". When she has had trouble, we often try to coach her on how to say them, and so will have her say "le le le le leaf" for instance if the word she was having trouble with was "leaf." This morning she gave herself her own coaching. She was working hard to say the word "string", but it just wasn't coming out right. She practiced a little bit..."le le le le string!" heehee! We have to be careful about laughing at her over these things, but this time it was near impossible to keep the laughter in check. Depending on her mood, sometimes she gets frustrated about being laughed at, but other times she knows she's funny and likes it. Fortunately this morning's episode resulted in the latter.

3 comments:

Jill said...

love your background and all your sparkly stuff on your blog! It has been fun to read about your family!! I am so happy Heather started one too...what a great way to keep in touch!

Kevin Miller said...

lol! I guess l's and r's are tough no matter where you grow up. I'm always helping me students with them and I have trouble with the Korean equivalent, which is a kind of mixture of both.

Katie said...

Our daughter has many of the same pronunciation problems as the Chinese students do. She's far ahead of them in sentence structure though!


Thanks Jill! I enjoy yours and Heather's blogs too!