I am usually not very good at making meal plans ahead of time, so meal times tend to be sort of a scramble for me. I want to fix that problem someday! Yesterday was a scramble day as well, but a neat idea came to me. I'm sure it's been done before, so I won't claim it as original. Anyways, here's the idea. I guess I'd call it Baked Potato Bake. I had to make most of it from scratch, but it could be done quick and easy in the states.
First of all, thaw some frozen broccoli and chop it up. Brant had bought some raw broccoli, washed it, blanched it, and froze it beforehand for me. (What a guy!)
Cook a bunch of bacon and chop/break into bits.
Make a cheese sauce. (or if you're able to, use Campbell's cheese soup or a cheese pasta sauce)
Mix broccoli, bacon bits, and cheese sauce together and put in baking pan.
Top with tater tots.
Bake according to tater tot package directions.
Voila!
It was really yummy! I was actually hoping the meal would last us for two meals, but we ate it all up at once.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment