Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie!

Well, it's a day late, but I wanted to wish my brother a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Charlie turned 38 yesterday (the 15th)! If you don't already know him, let me tell you about him a little bit. Charlie was born with down syndrome. He has brought much joy to our family and especially to my mom. Usually when a woman has a baby, she looks forward to the time when that little baby is able to start doing things for himself - things like bathing, or cutting up their own food, or dressing themselves. I can especially relate right now as I have 2 little ones and look forward to a day when the only person I have to concern myself with at the supper table is myself! Well, my mom has not reached that point and never will as long as Charlie is living at home. He can do some things by himself, but there are other things that he will need to have done for him for the rest of his life. But my parents don't complain! They just keep on, and Charlie keeps on bringing joy. I'm so glad God on purpose brought just the right Charlie into our lives! And I'm glad for my parents who faced the initial heartache which then turned into a long-term blessing.

No comments: