That saying isn't always such a good thing! I have some rather not-so-fond memories of both my mom and my 1st grade teacher getting after me because I would put my hair in my mouth. (and rightly so!) Can you guess what Eden has been doing lately? And can you guess who finds it highly distasteful? Yes, that's right Eden has taken up my old habit. And I can see that it's going to take more than nagging and scolding to break the habit. Any suggestions?
Anyways, Eden wanted french braids again today...wanted them very much. I couldn't do them right away, but I told her I'd do it in a bit. A few minutes later I noticed the telltale wet-hair signs of her hair having been in her mouth. That usually makes her hair very tangly, and I told her that since she had done that, I may not be able to do the braids because now her hair was dirty. Well, that didn't sit well with her, and she wanted to go dry her hair immediately! Then she started heading into the bathroom as if she was going to give a go at washing her hair herself. She sure was worried. In the end, I just wet her hair good and then put the braids in. She loves having braids, but why does her new favorite hairstyle also have to be the one that takes the longest time to do?! Maybe tomorrow we'll go with a ponytail. :) (I'm so lost without smileys (emoticons)! I better hurry and figure out a way to add them to the blog.)
Another few Eden anecdotes:
Eden has caught on to saying things are going to happen at such and such a time. But she hasn't figured out what times those times are. She often uses the numbers "six and nine" in her talk, and today she told me "It's six and nine and so time for me to play playdough."
Yesterday Brant was having her finish her meal. He wanted her to finish 2 small helpings of a certain food before having something else that she really wanted. She asked him if he had had 2 helpings too. He said yes. Then she wanted to know "when you was a little girl?" (As in - when he was a little girl(!), did he have to eat 2 helpings of stuff he didn't like before getting the good stuff!) We're constantly having to correct her on her gender words!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
LOL that's funny! Anyhow I sure hope my boys never have hair long enough to put in their mouths.
Post a Comment