Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Eden this n Eden that....mostly...

I'm wondering if I still have ears after today because I'm afraid Eden might have talked my ears right off! Oh-me-oh-my what a chatterbox she can be! Actually she's really been coming up with some interesting stuff lately, but I doubt I'll remember it all right now. Eden's talk just in the past few days has shown some marked maturing within the last month. She's also really coming out of her shell with strangers out in public. The only problem is that she talks to them in English and they don't understand a word she says to them!
--Eden and I got ice cream last Saturday, and we were sitting on a bench in a busy shopping center eating our ice cream. When we were finished eating, she turned to the woman next to her on the bench and told her nice and loudly "We're all done!"
--The other night before bed, she asked Brant something like "Where's the hole? Where's the hole so Eden can get to God?" She was looking up at the ceiling looking for a hole!
--She was in a taxi with Brant yesterday and complained that her nose hurt. Then a moment later she cheerfully said "Forget it. It'll get better!"

Then here's a little story from today: Eden has a whole slew of stuffed bunnies here - some of them are part of the bunny family of daddy and mommy bunny and Eden and Anita bunny. So, today she had one of them taking a nap in her bedroom. Oh what a naughty bunny though - fussing every other minute! Eden would come out of her room quietly telling me that bunny was sleeping. Then she'd start making a fussing noise and run in the bedroom and severely scold the bunny to be quiet and go to sleep!! That poor bunny was raked over the coals numerous times for her constant fussing! The sad thing about it all was the fact that it wasn't Eden bunny or Anita bunny. She had chosen mommy bunny as her naughty bunny for the day! What's with that?!

As you can see, I french braided Eden's hair today for the first time. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a sweet Anita story. Last night, we were all winding down from the day. Eden was in bed; Brant was in the other room; the lights were dimmed; all was quiet, and Anita was half asleep in my lap. All of the sudden, I sneezed very suddenly, and poor widdle Nita sure was startled! If you could have seen her little "waah!" and pouty face after that, your heart would have melted like mine did! Oh what a poor little cutie pie!

1 comment:

Many Adventures of Derek and Sly said...

They are too cute! I love Edens braids!