Thursday, October 16, 2008

The thing which I greatly feared has come upon us!

Ok, I know it's not that bad. I mean, a parent can't keep markers from their children forever, can they? It probably sounds very unreasonable, but I've been trying to keep Eden ignorant of markers for as long as possible. She was given a big colorful set of markers yesterday, and I figured that yes, it's about time she started learning of that special joy that comes to most females at the sight of a new set of markers. And let me tell ya, she's delighting in playing with them! But that play is only parent directed at this time, and she's crying in my arms as I type because they were just put away for a while. Daddy said they'll not come out again 'til tomorrow....it's gonna be a long day! Being a kid is so rough sometimes. Seriously, learning these little life lessons must be hard.

And yes, there are marker marks all over her hands to remind her of them for the whole rest of the day!

No comments: