Saturday, October 4, 2008

Zai Jian (goodbye) Willa!

Boohoo - sweet Willa bunny is forever lost! Eden and I went on a big shopping trip today to find some winter clothes for her and Nita. Eden brought Willa bunny along to keep her company on the long taxi ride. The place where we went to shop is called Zhanlanguan which means exhibition center. The place is a huge maze of little shops, and off we went into the maze to buy socks, shoes, tights, leggings, sleepers and shirts - shew! We had a good time shopping for a few hours, and neither of us gave a thought to poor Willa's whereabouts. As we left the store, we realized Willa was missing, but I wasn't about to head back in there for that teeny bunny. I hope she'll find another nice home where she can be loved/abused by some other youngster. ha!

Then we went across the huge roundabout intersection to get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins and then go shopping at Carrefour - our biggest grocery store in town. And by the way, today the Baskin Robbins had one of THE BEST flavors ever! I don't remember the name of it though - something like chocolate crunch. We shopped around at Carrefour for a bit. We were running low on our staple foods - peanut butter and bread! Best of all, I found four small cartons of SOUR CREAM! I've never seen sour cream in all my 5+ years living in China, and I bought all that they had today! I guess it's good they didn't have 25 cartons out - Eden and I would have had to hitchhike home. Now the challenge will be for me to use it all up before it goes bad. I have a bad habit of hoarding precious finds like that for fear of using them up too fast.

All in all it was a good day for us. I hope it was a good day for Willa too. Poor Brant - other than the food items, nothing else that we bought was for him. And he babysat so well too! It was nice to get out and shop with my girl, but it's even better to be home sweet home with the family all together. Good night.


No comments: