Monday, October 6, 2008

Fuh-fa-Jai

I don't know what brought this to Eden's mind today, but she started talking about something that I wasn't able to follow at first. She talks about firecrackers often - they're a big part of her life since she has a slight phobia of them because they have been shot off outside her window early in the morning a few times. So, she was telling me something about fuh-fa-jai today and talking about purple firecrackers.(our little purple-lover!) As she talked on more on this subject, I realized she was remembering the fireworks display that we went and saw on the Fourth of July - fuh-fa-jai! So, we talked about the fireworks a little bit, and then I asked her "when was that?" She was on to my amused smile though and got shy of trying to say it again since she realized she wasn't saying it quite right. She paused a moment to think how to answer me and then answered "bedtime!" Ha - clever answer! She did try to say "fourth of July" better after that and did say it much closer to how it's supposed to sound, and then she repeated it after me too. Having her bring it up like that sure makes me wonder how many memories from this past summer at home will stick with her long term. It was such a fun summer of making memories for all of us!

No comments: