Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Easy Lunch Idea
Today I tried something new. I wanted to add some soup to our lunch today but didn't want to have to do a bunch of cooking. One of my Autumn delights is a good creamy soup! I looked in the fridge and saw that we had a leftover baked potato from last night's supper. We also had some whipping cream to use up. I started throwing this and that in the blender, all still cold. Here's what I put in there: leftover baked potato (skin and all), rest of whipping cream, milk, dab of butter, chunk of cheddar cheese, salt, and splash of lemon juice. I blended it all up real good and then transferred it to a bowl and "nuked" it for a few minutes to warm it up good and melt the butter and cheese. It was real good! The only problem was that I added too much cheese for that amount of soup, so the soup was quite thick. It sure was nice to have that good soup without much fuss! It's just too bad it wasn't a real healthy/thinning meal. I'll have to work on that next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment